Early Learning Assessment Data Managers,
Please review the following updates about the Early Learning Assessment (ELA).
ELA administration and reporting reminders
- The ELA Spring administration window begins Feb. 15 and ends May 14.
- KReady Data Collection Closes: May 14 at 11:59 PM. Teachers cannot enter assessment data after this date.
- Data Managers will be able to approve transfers and clean up student demographic data through May 21.
- Learning progression score reports for the spring data collection will be available for download in the KReady system starting May 22.
- These 10 Learning Progression scores must be reported for Preschool Special Education (PSE) and Early Childhood Education (ECE) grant funded children and are due in EMIS or EAS by June 30th.
- Programs that receive Preschool Special Education (PSE) and/or Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs funds are encouraged to submit their fall scores in EMIS or EAS now if they haven’t already.
- EMIS reporting dates are found in the EMIS Calendar. Fall assessment data due by March 6, 2020. Spring assessment data August 28, 2020. NOTE: EMIS reporting dates may change at any time.
- EAS reporting dates and directions are found in the FY 20 Grantee Manual and must be entered by June 30 for assessment completed in both the fall and spring assessment windows.
Data manager training
We have scheduled a series of Webinars to support you with the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) spring 2020 administration window. All Webinars are recorded and are made available shortly after they occur.
ELA KReady Data Manager Q + A Webinar Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Current data managers will have the opportunity to ask questions in advance and receive responses from members of the KReady leadership and support team. The team will address questions specific to the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) and Early Learning Assessment (ELA) from topics previously submitted by KReady assessment/data managers across the state via a survey. The topics will come from participant survey responses. Data Managers can submit questions and suggestions here > Survey Link. Registration for this webinar will open soon. Registration coming soon.
ELA KReady Building Administrator Webinar Tuesday, April 21, 2020 10:00 am – 11:00 am
This webinar is for persons that have the role of building administrator and that access building level reports using the Kindergarten Online Assessment System (KReady) on the Early Learning Assessment (ELA). This session will feature information specific to accessing various reports and insights for using the data to make decisions regarding instruction. (60 mins) Register for this webinar
ELA Data Manager 2020 Update Webinar Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:00 am– 11:00 am
This webinar is for data managers responsible for submitting ELA reporting data to EMIS or EAS. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive responses from the KReady support team and program specialists from the Office of Early Learning and School Readiness. The topics will include closing down the Spring 2020 assessment window, data clean up considerations and an explanation on reporting the ELA data and other important topics. (60 mins) Register for this webinar
For more information
Check out the department’s Early Learning Assessment Website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Help Desk: The Ohio K12 Help desk provides support for statewide K12 education programs including the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) and the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA). Go to www.ohio-k12.help or call 844-K12-OHIO (844-512-6446) to submit a ticket for technical assistance.
Office of Early Learning & School Readiness Curriculum & Assessment Team