Dear ELA Data Managers and Stakeholders,
This is an update about the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) spring assessment and reporting window. The ELA assessment window ended May 14. Please refer to the guidance below on when data is expected in either EAS or EMIS for reporting purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov.
Office of Early Learning & School Readiness
Curriculum & Assessment Team
Spring Assessment Window:
- The last day for data managers to generate the Learning Progression (LP) score report from the KReady system is June 28.
- The KReady system will close for the 2018-2019 school year on July 3rd for system maintenance and will open for the 2019-2020 school year on July 10th.
- Data for early childhood education (ECE) grant funded children must be entered into EAS by June 30th, 2019.
- Data for children funded by preschool special education (PSE) must be entered into EMIS by August 9th, 2019.
- If your district, school or program is having difficulty reporting into EMIS please first make sure all teacher data was entered during the spring window (February 15 – June 3). This includes resubmitting an unchanged score from the fall window if necessary.
- Additionally, data managers need to enter a START date of 02/15/19 and an END date of 06/04/2019 when pulling the LP Report to accurately reflect the spring assessment window.
- If a teacher needs to resubmit data or enter a score due to an error, data managers will change the end date to June 28 to confirm the new entry is included in the Learning Progression (LP) score report.
- Please contact the Office of Early Learning & School Readiness at ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov for assistance with troubleshooting reporting errors.