Dear ELA Data Managers and Stakeholders,
This is an update about the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) spring assessment and reporting window. The ELA assessment window ends tomorrow May 14. Please refer to the guidance below on when data is expected in either EAS or EMIS for reporting purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov.
Office of Early Learning & School Readiness
Curriculum & Assessment Team
Spring Assessment Window:
The ELA Spring Assessment window opened on February 15 and ends on May 14. We encourage programs to utilize the KReady system for data collection.
- All student assessment data must be entered into the KReady system no later than June 3.
- The last day for data managers to generate the Learning Progression (LP) score report from the KReady system is June 28.
- The KReady system will close for the 2018-2019 school year on July 3rd for system maintenance and will open for the 2019-2020 school year on July 10th.
- Data for early childhood education (ECE) grant funded children must be entered into EAS by June 30th, 2019.
- Data for children funded by preschool special education (PSE) must be entered into EMIS by August 9th, 2019.
A few reminders:
- Teachers need to enter new ratings or resubmit unchanged ratings in the KReady system for the Learning Progression (LP) Score Report to accurately reflect current data for spring.
- Data managers need to enter a START date of 02/15/19 and an END date of 06/04/2019 when pulling the LP Report to accurately reflect the spring assessment window.